Butwal, Feb 25 – Fire that broke out at Shanker Plaza in Amarpath – the central commercial centre of Butwal Sub-metropolis – caused damages to a fancy shop being operated in the building.
The fire ravaged the Bindabasini Fancy being operated in the building, causing loss over Rs 10 million, police informed.
The inferno that broke out at 10.00 last night was taken under control at around 12.30 am this morning, shared Dil Bahadur Malla, Inspector at Area Police Office Butwal.
The fire that suddenly started from Bindabasini Fancy was also spread to other buildings in the Shanker Plaza.
Short circuit is said to be the cause behind the fire in the building.
The fire engines from Butwal Sub-metropolis, Ramgram Municipality and Siddharthanagar Municipality along with joint efforts of Nepal Police, Armed Police Force and locals brought the fire under control.